LAILA NABI RIYA
LL.M (Master of Laws): State University of Bangladesh, Department of Law
CGPA-3.94(Out of 4.00)
7th Batch, 2017.
LL.B (Bachelor of Laws): Eastern University, Faculty of Law
CGPA-3.96 (out of 4.00)
30th Batch, 2016
Awards and Achievements:
- Achieved “Khurshida Begum Scholarship” for obtaining the highest CGPA among all students of Bachelor of Laws program in the academic year 2014.
- Achieved 1st Position in Master of Laws (LL.M).
- VC’S Honor For Obtaining CGPA 3.96 out Of 4.00.
- “Mooter” at SUBMCS- State University of Bangladesh Moot Court Society.
- “Champion” In Recite Competition Organized By Baraikhali High School.
- Achieved “Dean’s Honor” for obtaining highest CGPA in the academic year 2015.
Training and Workshops:
- Participated as Observer in the Bangladesh Law Students’ Symposium 2017 held at North South University.
- Attended Seminar on ‘Criminal Sentencing in Bangladesh’ held in Department of Law, University of Dhaka.
- Attended a lot of Law Seminars and Lecture series by Bangladesh Institute of Law and International Affairs (BILIA) and Bangladesh Law Digest (BDLD) where prominent Justices of Supreme Court of Bangladesh delivered lectures with other various Legal Institutions as well.
- Working as Apprentice Lawyer for both Civil and Criminal issues with “Shomaji & Associates” since 2016. Also a registered Apprentice Lawyer in Dhaka Bar Association.
Project and Thesis
Research on “Arguing Death Penalty in Bangladesh: A Critical Appraisal of Judicial Attitude in Bangladesh” from State University of Bangladesh, as a requirement for the completion of Master of Laws (LL.M).
Area of Interests
Highly Interested in Debating, Mooting, Reciting, Traveling, Reading Law Books, Novels, Landmark Judgment of Apex Courts and different social works.