Volunteer Agreement | Sample
Around the world enthusiasts and hopeful people are joining together to bring positive change to the society, many of them do it voluntarily and free. Often these kind-hearted people form NGO (Non-Governmental Organization) get funded with donations and execute their target with the help of volunteers, but as they deal with various important matters and information, they must follow some rule to keep things clean. Therefore, some legal documentation is necessary to avoid any future complexity. Generally, that document is an Agreement (contract) between Volunteer and the NGO (organization). Here is a sample of such Agreement.
This volunteer agreement (“Agreement”) is entered into this _______ day of ________, 2019 (the “Effective Date”), by and among Law Help BD; a non-governmental and nonprofit organization (“Law Help BD”) and ___________________, an individual (“Volunteer”).
The parties enter into this Agreement with reference to the following facts:
- Law Help BD is a non-profitable, non-political, non-governmental human rights education, research and training organization dedicated to spreading the knowledge of law among the common people of Bangladesh.
- A volunteer is an individual who has the experience, qualifications and prerequisites to assist an organization and offers his assistance to work or to take part in an enterprise or to undertake a task without benefit or remuneration of any kind. A volunteer involves himself with an organization bearing the goal of the organization.
- Therefore, LAW HELP BD and Volunteer wish to enter into this Agreement Whereby Volunteer shall assist LAW HELP BD with certain aspects of its activities as directed by the members of the board of directors or any duly authorized person of LAW HELP BD. The volunteer shall perform the Services as a volunteer without compensation and according to all LAW HELP BD rules and regulations. Those rules, policies and regulations of LAW HELP BD whether as set forth herein or provided to volunteer by LAW HELP BD during the Term (as defined herein) of this Agreement.
- The parties hereto desire and intend to adopt this Agreement for the purpose of providing the governing terms and conditions regarding the relationship between the parties.
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual covenants, representations, and warranties contained herein, the parties enter into this Agreement on the following terms and conditions:
The above-cited Recitals are incorporated herein by this reference and made a part of this Agreement.
- TERM; TERMINATION
The term of this Agreement shall begin on the Effective Date and continue in effect for an initial term of one (1) year (the “Term”) and shall automatically renew for successive one (1) year periods unless otherwise terminated by either party in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. This Agreement shall terminate automatically upon written notice of the occurrence of any of the following events: (i) should Volunteer default in the performance of its Services under this Agreement or materially breach any of its provisions, at LAW HELP BD’s option, may terminate this Agreement by giving written notification to Volunteer; or (ii) should LAW HELP BD materially breach any of its obligations under this Agreement, Volunteer, at the Volunteer’s option, may terminate this Agreement by giving written notification to LAW HELP BD. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, either party may terminate this Agreement for any reason and at any time by providing written notice to the other party at least seven (7) days prior to such termination date. Upon such termination, all provisions relating to Trade Secrets, Confidential Communications, Intellectual Property, and Non-exclusivity and Restrictions as provided for herein shall remain in full force and effect and any and all documents relating to such shall be returned to LAW HELP BD within ten (10) days after notice of such termination.
- SERVICES PROVIDED BY VOLUNTEER
As of the Effective Date, LAW HELP BD hereby engages Volunteer as an unpaid volunteer, and Volunteer hereby accepts such engagement upon the terms and conditions provided for herein. The volunteer shall perform the Services as directed by the members of the board of directors or any duly authorized person of the LAW HELP BD.
Volunteer shall be responsible for any and all costs and expenses associated with its Services or any term of this Agreement and LAW HELP BD shall not be responsible for reimbursing any costs or expenses incurred by Volunteer for any reason unless the costs and expenses arise out of special purpose of LAW HELP BD, i.e purchase, publish, promotion etc.
- WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS
LAW HELP BD hereby warrants and represents the following:
- That it is free to enter into this Agreement, and that it has not and will not enter into any other agreement with obligations conflicting those obligations contained herein; and
- That it has conducted its own independent investigation into the skill, knowledge and expertise of Volunteer and has knowingly and voluntarily engaged Volunteer to provide the Services described herein.
Volunteer hereby warrants and represents the following:
- That the volunteer has the proper understanding of this volunteer work and has taken necessary steps with due diligence to know about LAW HELP BD.
- That the volunteer has the capacity to enter into this agreement or he/she has duly authorized by his/her legal guardian to involve such activities.
- That it is free to enter into this Agreement, and that is has not and will not enter into any other agreement with obligations conflicting those obligations contained herein;
- That it will act in good faith and use its best efforts in performing the Services in furtherance of LAW HELP BD’s Activities.
The volunteer shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless LAW HELP BD and its respective agents, representatives, employees, directors, managers, members, and officers from any and all claims, damages, losses, liabilities, costs and expenses.
- TRADE SECRETS, CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATIONS, NON-CIRCUMVENTION
A. That where LAW HELP BD has purchased, otherwise acquired, created, invented, discovered, researched, compiled and/or otherwise developed knowledge of various facts and information and/or methods and procedures including but not limited to client/donor lists, contacts, and business associates (hereinafter referred to as “Trade Secrets”) which are extremely valuable to LAW HELP BD in the conduct of its business, which are not generally known to competitors and which, if known by competitors, would be to LAW HELP BD’s substantial detriment. As part of Volunteer’s Services to LAW HELP BD, LAW HELP BD may transmit and/or cause to be transmitted to Volunteer, such as Trade Secrets. Additionally, Volunteer may intentionally or unintentionally intercept or otherwise learn of and/or receive directly from a third party client of LAW HELP BD and/or from some person acting in furtherance of such third party’s interest, information and/or communications which have been imparted in confidence to further such interest of such third party (hereinafter referred to as “Confidential Communications”). As such, Volunteer hereby agrees to use the highest degree of care and effort to keep and maintain the complete confidentiality of all Trade Secrets and Confidential Communications and to use and/or disclose the same, if at all, only during the Term of this Agreement and in the facilitation of the Services. This provision shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
B. Neither party to this Agreement shall take any action or fail to take any action which circumvents or has the effect of circumventing the relationship between the parties or this Agreement or of the economic rights of either party.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- NONEXCLUSIVITY AND RESTRICTIONS
This Agreement shall be nonexclusive between the parties. LAW HELP BD may contract with other volunteers, or employ, contract with, and/or employ other individuals or organizations to receive the same or similar Services as those provided by Volunteer as provided for herein. Similarly, Volunteer may provide the same or similar Services to other individuals and/or organizations. Notwithstanding the foregoing, during the Term of this Agreement and upon termination or expiration of this Agreement, Volunteer shall not be permitted to use LAW HELP BD’s Trade Secrets, Confidential Communications, or Intellectual Property in any manner or for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to such use in the event Volunteer is providing the same or similar services to other individuals or organizations.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties execute this Agreement as of the day first written above.
LAW HELP BD
Founder & Editor in Chief, LAW HELP BD
Guardian of the Volunteer
(Name & Sign)