Bangladesh Judicial Service Commission (BJS) exam syllabus & mark distribution 2019 [updated]
Being a Judge and serving justice is one of the most prestigious and valuable jobs in Bangladesh, Bangladesh Judicial Service Commission (BJSC) is the sole authority to assess the candidates for appointments at the entry-level of the Bangladesh Judicial Service through public examinations of law student of Bangladesh. The entry-level post at the Judicial Service is Assistant Judge or Judicial Magistrate.
If you wonder “How to be a Judge in Bangladesh?” just follow the post, every detail like educational background, syllabus, preparation and procedures are given below. [Know more about the court structure of Bangladesh here]
– : update : –
13th BJSC exam circular and complete syllabus with Mark distribution
Bangladesh Judicial Service Commission has published 13th BJSC examination circular on 09.10.2019 via their official website. here are the deadlines and summaries of the circular.
- Organization: Bangladesh Judicial Service Commission BJSC
- Name of Post: Appointment of Assistant Judge
- Job Type: Governments Job [Judicial Service; Judiciary]
- Application Fee: 1200 Taka
- Online Application starts: 15.10.2019 [10.00 am]
- Online Application ends: 30.10.2019 [5.00 pm]
- Total Posts: 100
- pay scale: 30935 … 64430
See the official guideline in Bangla here [in PDF]: 13th BJS examinaiton.pdf
See the official Syllabus in Bangla here [in PDF]: 13th BJS Syllabus 2019
Don’t forget to read the whole article if you want to know all the details of BJS exam and more.
Who Can Apply:
Any person may apply for this post if s/he is:
- a citizen of Bangladesh;
- obtained LL.B degree with 2nd class or LL.M. degree with 2nd class from any recognized university; and
- having the age not exceeding 32 years.
The assessment is primarily a process of examination in three stages.
1. Preliminary examination:
The candidates must sit for a 100 marks MCQ type examination and secure at least 50 marks to sit for the written examination.
Syllabus of Preliminary examination: There are about 50 percent legal questions. The rest of the questions are asked from Bengali, English, Maths, Science and Technology, Intellect, Bangladesh and International Affairs. Pass number 50 percent in MCQ examination. Each wrong answer will deduct number 0.25. Candidates who will pass the preliminary examination can only participate in written exams.
2. Written examination:
The candidates who passed the preliminary examination will sit for 1000 marks written examination.
The written test will be of thousand numbers. In which Bengali will cover 100 marks, 100 in English, 50 in mathematics, 50 in daily science, 50 in Bangladesh subjects and 50 in international affairs. Subsequently, a written examination of 500 marks will be required for the written examination of the law. Among them, these questions are asked about civil laws, criminal law, constitutional matters, Muslim and family law related matters. At the end of the test number 100 optional subject matter. The written test should be 50 percent of the average. However, if you get less than 30 percent marks in any case, it will be futile.
The Mark distribution of written will be as follows:
Compulsory General Subjects
Total 400 of 1000 Marks
|1.||1. General Bengali||100 Marks|
|2.||2. General English||100 Marks|
|3.||3. Bangladesh and International Affairs (50+50)||100 Marks|
|4.||4. Math and Science (50+50)||100 Marks|
Total: 400 Marks
Compulsory Law Subjects
Total 500 of 1000 Marks
A. Core Civil laws:
B. Other Civil / Related Laws:
|A: 60 marks|
B: 40 Marks
Constitutional Law, General Clauses Act and Evidence Act :
Land Law, Contract, Registration, Transfer of Property and others Law :
Total: 500 Marks
Optional Law Subjects
Anyone from given two option
Total 100 of 1000 Marks
Anti Corruption, ICT, Human trafficking etc:
Total: 100 Marks
Please use our Search Bar to find out your relevant Law subject/topic
Compulsory General Subjects
Total 400 of 1000 Marks
1. General Bengali (Topics)
১. সাধারণ বাংলা: ক) রচনা খ) ভাবসম্প্রসারন গ) সারমর্ম/ সারংশ ঘ) বিষয় ভিত্তিক প্রতিবেদন তৈরি ঙ) অনুবাদ চ) পত্র লিখন: ৫০ মার্ক
২. ব্যাকরন: ৫০ মার্ক
General English & Grammer (50+50) Marks
Bangladesh & International Affairs (50+50 =100 Marks)
2. International Affairs
Math & Everyday Science (50+50 = 100 Marks)
2. Everyday Science
- General Knowledge about Computer and IT, Composition of Computer, Software and Hardware, Operating Systems, Word Processing, Spreadsheet Analysis Database, Computer Programming, Computer Network and Internet. E-mail, Application of Computer and Multimedia, etc:
- Others: 40 Marks
- Light: Nature, Spectrum, Different colours and Wavelengths, X-ray. Ultraviolet Radiation and LASER, etc;
- Sound: Hearing Mechanism, Decibel, Frequency, Sound Machines in Home and Around: Television, Radio, Cell Phone, Telephone, Fax, Tape Recorder, Microphone, Loud Speaker, Public Address System, etc;
- Electricity: Current, Cell, Battery, Generator, Light Bulb, Voltage, Heater, Plug, Socket, Live Wire and Possible Hazards, etc;
- Magnet: Polarity and Relationship with Current, etc;
- Disease and Healthcare: Deficiency, Infection, Antiseptic, Antibiotics, Stroke, Heart Attack and Hypertension, Diseases and Vaccination, Basic Concept of Cancer, AIDS and Hepatitis. Ultrasonography, ECG, MRI, City Scan, Endoscopy etc;
- Atmosphere: Biosphere and Hydrosphere: Basic Treatment, Role of Oxygen, Carbon Dioxide and Nitrogen, Fresh and polluted Water, Pasteurization, Disaster Management, etc;
- Biotechnology: DNA, DNA Test, RNA, Gene, Genetic Disorder in Human Beings, Cloning, Sex Determining Chromosome, etc;
- Primary Physics: Motion, Force, Work, Power & Energy, Heat & Temperature, etc;
- Chemistry in Daily Life: Table Salt (Sodium Chloride), Testing Salt, Baking Powder. Vinegar, Cold Drinks, Washing Soda, ToiletCleanef, Soap & Detergent, Bleaching Powder, Glass Cleaner, Lime Stone, Urea, Food Preservatives, etc
Total: 400 Marks
That is total 1000 Marks of written examination.
The candidates who secured the required score in the written examination will face viva examination.
Passed Candidates in written examination, will be called at Viva. There will be no question outside of personal and legal questions. Be confident. Every question should be answered according to the perspective of the viva board. The candidate must present himself in a decent and elegant way. Required pass marks is 50 marks out of 100, Merit list will be added by adding Viva and Written number and recruitment in the Judicial Service Commission as Assistant Judge.
Now it is your time to get prepared for the BJSC exam of 2019, Like our Facebook Page and visit our site to get new Notice, to get Note, Guideline and Tutorial.